J. Crew inspired: Black + white stripes & grey melange

Wednesday, December 12, 2012


I think that every girl needs a black and white striped top in her closet. It goes with everything from colored pants to skinny jeans to skirts: versatile and basic but fun.

I almost did a double take when I saw the Forever 21 version on the right (available here) because it's so incredibly similar to the lovely J. Crew one (sold out, but was available here). Seriously, what more could a girl ask for?









The  'grey melange loomknit sweatshirt' by J. Crew (find it here) is another wardrobe stable. Yes it is just a sweatshirt, but it somehow adds class to whatever you wear with it, from workout pants to scrubs to jeans to black pants (not to mention it's super comfy). Love it over a button-down shirt.

 
I'm not sure if Forever 21 is purposefully making replicas of the J. Crew loveliness, but this grey melange top available here is very similar again to the J. Crew one. It;s probably not as substantial as the J. Crew one, but at $14.50 I'm not complaining.
 


 

 
These two finds were the result of a Forever 21 study break (exams for my Ob-Gyn rotation start tomorrow....) Needless to say, I think I'll be checking out Forever 21 more often for J. Crew inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).