What I Wore Sunday: Chunky knits + striped skirt

Sunday, March 10, 2013



The weekend has gone by way too fast, as per usual, but I've enjoyed being off and not living in fear of my pager going off (that'll be next weekend). My crazy hours this past week affected my sleep schedule, and I was up at 6:30 this morning (actually 5:30, thank you dearly hated spring forward time change). But happily, Stephen and I really did get to have a date night last night (and yes, I wore the striped dress!) I also made it to Pilates today, which was pure torture but necessary. We'll be hitting up Sunday mass later tonight...


Today seemed like a cozy sweater and chunky scarf kind of day (we're bracing ourselves for 12 more inches of snow tonight). This skirt was an Old Navy find last year (similar here) and was well worth it, since it goes with pretty much anything and works any time of year (tights and boots for winter, sandals and a tee for summer). 

Linking up of course with Fine Linen and Purple for What I Wore Sunday. Also joining Plane Pretty and the Woestmans

Happy Sunday!


 Cowl: Etsy
Cable sweater (old, Gap)
Skirt (Old Navy, similar)
Boots (Madewell)


20 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm always a big stripes fan, and I love the chunky scarf. Send some of that snow our way in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chunky scarf, and the fact that you winterized that skirt. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a great outfit. I'm a sucker for striped skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that cowl scarf and the boots are awesome. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is rocking the infinity scarves and striped skirts. I'm pretty jealous.

    I love the color of that scarf too. So pretty! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable!! Love this look, I am all about striped skirts and pretty scarves! :) I am your newest follower!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! This outfit is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of it! The navy stripes with the saddle leather and chunk knits. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh - I really love this outfit. great use of the dress to create a totally new look. The boots are to die for. Love! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I totally mis-read about the "striped dress". Oh golly, I thought you were wearing the :dress" under the sweater, ther-by making it a skirt. I need more sleep. LOL! I really like the skirt though...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something about stripes that just makes an outfit so much fun! It's cozy, but not frumpy - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! so, so, so, so cute! if i gave out a cutest outfit award for wiws, it'd go to you! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this. I have similar pieces in my closet, thanks for the inspiration. It'll be a great one to recreate :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea of that skirt in the summer with sandals- totally nautical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO pretty, Erika! I love navy and white stripes and am particularly taken by how your boots and your scarf match =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Love the way you pulled it together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable. (I also LOVED that striped dress.) Want to come and be my personal shopper? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a huge fan of this comfy chic outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).