J. Crew for fall...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

J. Crew overload today! I got the fall 'style guide' in the mail yesterday and while I can't say I'll be purchasing anything (well, maybe when it goes on clearance), there are tons of great styling ideas for things that I already have in my closet. Here are some of my favorites:

All images from J. Crew

Layered loveliness, denim, and fun jewelry:


Fun patterns, military jacket, classy dress: 

Blazers + denim + heels, pencil skirt/ruffles, neutrals: 


Also, today is the last day of a great sale on closet staples. Many of these items are around 50% off, and all are major wardrobe-builders and nice fall pieces:
1. Chambray popover: for toning down a pencil skirt and layering under sweaters, blazers, and cardis. I own last year's version and loooove it.
2. Navy schoolboy blazer: the quinessential fall staple (that never normally goes on sale).
3. Matchstick jeans: these are the J. Crew jeans that fit me perfectly, in a great dark wash.
4. Nolita jacket: gorgeous denim jacket (although still kinda pricey...I found mine on ebay).
5.Mixed tape cardi: pair it with black leggings, brown boots, and a scarf for fall.
6. The Tippi: I have three of these that I found on clearance, and wear them constantly for work.
7. Vintage tee: not too loose, not too tight fit in a lovely violet color.
8. 5 inch chino shorts: finally, shorts that aren't too short! I have these in the neon pink color from last year.

Oh, J. Crew.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had model long legs so I could just wear jeans and a blazer and instantly look tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the new style guide!!! I'm eyeing several new pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your takes, Erika! I like your outfits better than J. Crew's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, J Crew is right. =) They always provide such good inspiration! =)

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you have a great week!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Erika! Do you know that this past spring I chickened out and returned the 5-inch chino shorts in neon pink??? I did NOT DARE with that crazy-bright color!!! Now I wish you'd post a photo of yourself in yours. Of course you're not a 42-year-old mom of two (that sounds so old and frumpy! Which I really do not think I am!) so maybe that's why you can pull them off. ;) Btw I got my J. Crew catalog yesterday too and was tempted by the vintage tees and matchstick jeans and the cardis....also the long/lean Perfect T.... Other than that all the dressy stuff is so far out of my orbit I cannot relate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).