Summer Workwear...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sharing a couple outfits I wore to work this week for What I Wore Wednesday:

Uno: J. Crew Medallion Paisley top (love the covered buttons!)
J. Crew outlet navy chinos (old)
Madewell skimmers in grey suede




Dos: J. Crew striped top (my new favorite)
J. Crew Factory pencil skirt (old) and necklace
Madewell skimmers in nude



A couple random thoughts:

- The Madewell skimmers are my absolute favorite work shoes (although if I'm going to be on my feet all day in the clinic I have to wear my Clarks).
- Summer makes dressing for work difficult: skirts are best but require nylons, pants get hot, sleeveless blouses mean that I can't take off my white coat all day, etc.
- Ways to spice up a work outfit: colorful pencil skirt/statement necklace/fun pattern...
- There's nothing like a perfect striped shirt.

Joining The Pleated Poppy/Alison/Shanna/Lauren.

12 comments:

  1. So cute! Stripes and a bright pencil skirt are the perfect uniform in my book! Though a nylon requirement is something I've never had to deal with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful outfits! I've been needed some "work wardrobe" ideas for summer, I love what you put together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you -- summer is my favorite season but takes a little more planning in terms of what to wear at work. I don't use my white coat in the peds clinic (kids freak out when they see it) so my sleeveless shirts are almost always covered by a cardi.

    I love your striped top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love stripes and a bright bottom! You look gorgeous! Pretty sure the top in the first picture was made for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look cute! I also love the Madewell skimmers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both looks. The paisley top is gorgeous.

    Stop by and enter my giveaway for a fabulous pink link bracelet from Gigglosophy and link up tomorrow.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both outfits. If you get a chance, please link up to What We Wore Party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-we-wore-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that first outfit! I remember the days of trying to figure out what to wear in the summer...not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfits. Loving the second more though because it's more polished :)

    Visiting from the link up. I'd love for you to come over by blog too and leave your thoughts on my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, as always. Love both looks but the second one is gorgeous and suits you to perfection.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. So chic! Love your workwear outfits :)

    Thank you for choosing to link up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).