Weekend outfits and more on life decisions...

Monday, August 26, 2013


 I got a taste of what residency will be like today. Stephen came to the hospital around 11 a.m. to say goodbye after an altogether too short visit to St. Louis. We had planned to meet in the hospital cafeteria for a quick lunch before his drive back to Michigan and another two week stretch apart. Unfortunately, I got caught up in back-to-back deliveries and poor Stephen waited almost an hour and half for me to run down to the cafeteria for approximately 5 minutes and a quick kiss goodbye...



 Being apart is hard. I honestly don't want to start another away rotation next Monday. This next rotation is emergency medicine, and I feel like it's still important for me to go and make sure I'm making the right career decision. As much as a I love OB with all my heart, emergency medicine was my first love after two years spent as an ER nurse before med school, and what I thought I came to med school to do. Now that I've realized that OB/GYN is my passion, I still think I owe it to ER to give it a month rotation and make sure I'm making the right decision. Sidenote that it would be much easier on our future family (shiftwork and no call) but I know what's most important is that I do what I'm called to do.


Date night outfit numero uno (also my mass outfit): all J. Crew except for the shoes


Date night outfit numero dos: J. Crew polka dot blazer and these lovely comfy shoes

Stephen and I spent the weekend doing different things around St. Louis. We went for a four mile run around a little lake outside of St. Louis (still proud that our Michigan thermostats could run that far in the St. Louis heat), ate at St. Louis Bread Co. (a.k.a. the original Panera bread), had dinner at a St. Louis brewery, saw the St. Louis zoo (SO fun..and free!), and celebrated our first anniversary at the Cheesecake Factory.


Linking up with Fine Linen and Purple//Plane Pretty//Style Elixir//Pleated Poppy

7 comments:

  1. Follow your heart! There is NO foretelling what the future will hold for you and your family, or what career will feel right when you have babes vs. what feels right now. There is no other way to go than by what feels right at the time, what makes your heart happy, and what your intuition tells you. The rest will work out in time, as it needs to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to follow your heart and OB/GYN is a lot of fun, but you have to go with what your heart tells you to. Love your date night out outfit and that polka blazer is fabulous.


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to spend a bit of time with you honey - being apart is difficult, but this sacrifice now will make your future together better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow your heart; the answer will come with prayer.

    I adore your date outfit, that yellow skirt is fabulous and the top, jacket and jewelry perfectly compliment the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfits!! That must be challenging, to have to be thinking so seriously to make a decision about your career that will really impact your future!

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about your ER rotation and African adventures! I loved my ER clinicals - the nurses and residents were such great teachers and I got so much hands on experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest outfit!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).