1. My family took a picture outside the ICU this week since my two siblings and my dad and I have all been up there working the last couple of weeks. My sister is a dietician, brother is a nursing student, mom is a B.S.N., dad is an M.D., and I'm a B.S.N. and almost-M.D. (crazy to say that). I have another sibling in nursing school, two in non-medical careers (engineering and education), and then two more little ones, so there may be more doctors and nurses to come (or more engineers and teachers - that would be good too). It's been so nice being near my family these last two years and I really can't fathom what it will be like to move away from them in a few short months (also Stephen and I are now going to have to learn to cook).
2. This is what 29 weeks looks like. I actually don't feel nearly as big as I look...I was telling myself that this picture just makes me look bigger than I really am but it probably doesn't. I have also been telling myself that I haven't been bloated at all, but my puffy face in the picture above says otherwise. Oh well, it really is mind over matter sometimes so I'll keep telling myself that I'm not that big, not that puffy, not that tired as long as it makes me feel better ha. And yes, this is another one of those H&M jersey tees that I keep wearing (if you are prego I suggest buying all the colors, they are awesome).
3. I know that I posted a picture like this last year when we had a ridiculous amount of snow, but it looks even higher this year. I really don't mind the snow, but it was 25 below zero early this morning which was just too much. And this is the now dear-to-me winter coat that my mother-in-law loaned me (not maternity, but a size bigger than I normally wear) that has happily gotten me through the winter without buying a maternity coat (and winter go away please so I don't have to!).
4. Isabella Oliver, which I found out about from Anne, sent me a 25% off code this week so I ordered a couple of their jersey dresses to try out in the hopes that I'll find something that I can wear for my upcoming showers and graduation events. The dresses are crazy expensive but supposed to be insanely flattering, versatile and wearable even after baby so we shall see (I'll report back).
5. I've found myself longing for my pre-maternity wardrobe lately, and even more so when I was flipping through the Boden catalog the other day. I have everything necessary to recreate this lovely outfit and can't wait until I can (extra motivation for keeping up on my elliptical/pilates routine).
6. If you are looking for a good post on natural family planning (or even if you aren't) this one that one of my friends posted last week was spot-on:
"I’m a fan of NFP because it allows women to control their fertility. It allows us to take back our sexuality taking foreign suppressants to “improve” our bodies. I’m a supporter of NFP because women deserve access to complete autonomy. Because women deserve solutions that don’t involve breaking our bodies... I support NFP because I believe in a woman’s right to make her own decisions – to be healthy and happy as possible."